Spectra Solar Park Limited (SSPL) came into operation with a view to fostering reliable energy supply to upgrade energy security and promoting the use of renewable energy sources. This project as part of a joint venture between Spectra Engineers Limited and Shunfeng Investments Limited, a Hong Kong based company achieved Commercial Operation Date (COD) at the beginning of 2021.
The solar park which covers an area of 140 acres in Manikganj, Bangladesh is aimed to start supplying electricity to the grid, as the nation plans to enhance the use of renewable energy in the total generation capacity to 10% by 2021.The Power Plant will offer multifaceted benefits to Bangladesh
- The government will purchase the solar electricity produced by the plant at a rate of BDT 11.12/kWh ($0.13) for 20 years
- It will aid to meet the target of 10% of the nation's electricity generation from renewables
- The solar will account for 466.91 MW of 700.84 MW total clean power figure in Bangladesh
- It will aid to mitigate climate change
- The power plant will suppose Bangladesh in achieving the aim to reduce dependency on fossil fuels
- The project will increase employment rates
- Growth of local economy
The project will have highly modernized facilities
- 137,520 panels across 132 acres at the site, powered by 12 Sungrow central inverters, each having a rating of 3.125 MW
- Highly efficient central inverter solution - first of its kind in Bangladesh
- 44 MW direct current ground-mounted solar photovoltaic panels with associated electrical equipment
- 33 kV double circuit line from the power plant to the Paturia substation
- 2 x 33 kV gas-insulated switchgear bay at Barangail substation (will be installed after the substation is in place).